Monday, July 17, 2006

Back from Mother-In-Laws Brain Sx

Well, we are finally home after a long weekend of my hubby's darling family and his mother having her noggin worked on. Everything went fine. She is going to be OK. Well, as OK as she was before they went in. Anyone who knows her totally agrees with me and feels my pain. Right after the Sx the Doctor came in and told us that she was OK, and that it could be tomorrow before she woke up. And that if she was awake and talking, that she may not remember anything. So I told him that I would be needing a few moments, closed door, so I could get some shit off my chest. I figured it was the perfect time if she would not remember any of it. But I chickened out. I mean, the risk of calling her the "C-word" and getting away with it was scaring me. So I opted to just harass her in my own "Holly" way. Like before they wheeled her off to the OR everyone was crying and hugging her and telling her that they loved her. I stuck out my hand and said "give me some skin woman, I am not hugging you like your dying or anything." She gave me five and looked at me like I was insane. (which I very possibly could be) Then my Hubby told her "be careful". Now what the hell is she gonna be careful doing? She's not cutting into her scalp herself. I thought that was funny. Then once she got out Hubby asked her if her head hurt. And she said no. I said that it was a good thing cause all we had done to her was to have the toe next her big one cut down so her feet didn't look like bird talons. I swear she has the ugliest feet in the world. Later when her Husband asked me how I thought she looked, I said OK. But asked how come she didn't have her boobs done also, while she was under? I would have. So anyhow, we are home for now. When they let her come home we are gonna go back to Polk County and I am sure I will have a ton of stories from that. Other than Maw-In-Law crap I am cool. My boy turned 2 this weekend so I need to figure out about his b-day party still. Bless his heart he has no idea he even had a birthday. Ya know me Super Mom. Armed with a cake, gifts and clown at a moments notice. OK, not so much. Hubby has been in a great mood lately. Come to think of it... I have been giving it up more than usual lately, so the two are most likley connected. LOL I am so, so, so, excited about the Girls Weekend for my upcoming Chick's wedding. I am so going to need this break by then. Peace out Homie, word to your momma. (Not Momma-In-Law) P.S. Lex the invites are darling!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home